Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mad Reference

So, I'm working on an illustration of swingers. Naturally, I turned to Mad Men for inspiration. Mostly, I needed reference for hairstyles, clothing and how to hold a cigarette. In a not-so-small way, I got satisfaction out of drawing Jon Hamm's hair and staring at Christina Hendricks' impossible figure.

...And then I felt less satisfaction knowing that I've never actually seen the show. Allow me to bow out before you start throwing dishes and shoes at me.

4 comments:

  1. These are wonderful, you're very good at interpreting hairstyles :)
    I've never seen the show either...maybe we should make a weekend of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do really wonderful hands...

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful drawing! Love the line quality.

    ReplyDelete