Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 10: Hot For Teacher

I have yet to master the knee socks. I want to wear them, but every time I put them on I feel like I'm wearing a school girl costume. For this outfit, I just kind of went the costume route, which of course makes for an excellent character to illustrate, but in real life I felt a bit uncomfortable. Are there any (grown-up) ladies out there who proudly wear knee socks and have suggestions?

Cardigan: Forever 21
Shirt, skirt, shoes: Urban Outfitters
Belt: Old Navy
Socks: Target

2 comments:

  1. I wear knee socks, but they are usually under my pants and they are usually crazy patterns(Halloween themed mostly). If I wear them with a skirt they generally are accompanied by leg warmers, which I'm not sure counts. I like wearing them because I have chicken legs.

    Your illustration is awesome! Love the color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, let me say I just found your blog from the 30 for 30 and you are blowing my mind with your illustrations!! As far as knee socks go, I pretty much stick to wearing them with boots and just letting them peek out the top. Otherwise, I have flashbacks to my private school days.

    ReplyDelete