Saturday, September 10, 2011

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Art supply store Dick Blick is currently hosting an art show featuring AIB alumni! The show opened with Blick's ribbon-cutting ceremony earlier this week in celebration of its new location in Cambridge. For the next two weeks, Blick is hosting a series of grand opening activities, including a watercolor demo by me on Saturday, September 17th!*

So if you pop by the store you can see the above pieces by me, as well as work by Keith Zulawnik, Renee Kurilla, Barbara Geoghegan, Valerie Arruda, Scott Murry, and Amanda Atkins! And it just so happens that all of these artists will also be exhibiting at this year's Massachusetts Independent Comics Expo (MICE)**!

It's in a brand-spanking-new location, and I'll be there with brand-spanking-new merch, along with the coolest kids Boston comics has to offer.*

And, hey, if you're simply bursting with a need for comics and can't wait until the expo, MICE has debuted Comic Art New England, an exhibition of original comics! I have on display the original ink and digital color of the fourth page of my comic for Womanthology. Because I'd hate to give everything away, you only get to see it if you come to the show!*

...Oh, fine, I can't leave you totally hanging like that. Because I love you, here's a peek at page 2:
So many comics, so little time! This month is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

*Check out the left sidebar under CURRENT AND UPCOMING for dates, times, and locations of events
**Poster art by Jerel Dye

No comments:

Post a Comment