Tuesday, June 2, 2009

George Sprott

Oh, yeah! I meant to mention that I wrote a book review for the Weekly Dig of George Sprott: 1894-1975 by Seth. Unsurprisingly, they had to edit out a little bit of what I said, although I didn't expect them to rewrite my closing sentence to say something completely different from what I originally intended. So, allow me to fill in what the final word was supposed to be:

"The book's worth a peek, but do yourself a favor: spend an hour in the bookstore to read it, then go home with $25 still in your pocket. You won't be missing anything."

I'm not trying to be mean, but while the book was nice visually, the story was mediocre at best. Still, Matt and I went to see Seth and Adrian Tomine speak at the Brattle Theater tonight and both their talks were very interesting and entertaining. And while I wouldn't recommend purchasing George Sprott, there are other books by Seth (including his awesome sketchbook) that are totally worth taking home.

No comments:

Post a Comment