Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Demo!

Last Saturday I did a watercolor demo at Dick Blick's new store in Cambridge. My pal, Kate, kept me company and photo-documented the event!

It was a pleasure to share my process with people, and learn a few tricks myself from other watercolorists!

I began a new piece that will be unveiled closer to Halloween. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy a peak at my homage to the world's favorite evil singing plant!

(Kate and I got a kick out of the swirly shapes mirrored in my hair and the tentacles.)

If any of this looks appealing, I'll be doing another watercolor demo at MICE this Saturday!


MICE, The Massachusetts Independent Comics Expo

September 24, 2011 10am - 6pm

1815 Mass Ave., Cambridge MA (Porter Square)
Illustration by Jerel Dye



I'll be tabling with AIB alumni Scott Murry, Keith Zulawnik, Renee Kurilla, Julia Denos, Amanda Atkins, Barbara Geoghegan, Valerie Arruda, Chris O'Neill, and Keith Maclelland. I'm pretty excited because I'm going to have brand new prints to sell as well as A MINICOMIC! Looking forward to seeing you there!

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have seen this in person. YEA Little Shop of Horrors! See ya at the expo dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! It was great to watch your process!

    ReplyDelete