Thursday, October 22, 2009

Iron Giant Project

Golly wollerson, I've fallen behind! The hubs borrowed Brutal Legend from his work and, needless to say, I've been a bit...distracted.

But good news: new project! I thought I'd missed the deadline, but they've extended it, so at the moment I'm working on a piece for the Iron Giant Project. It's an homage to that great animated movie nobody went to see, The Iron Giant. Really an awesome film that never received the success it deserved.

The scene I want to illustrate is the part where Hogarth has coffee for the first time at Dean's place. I love their interaction, how chill Dean is with the kid, how insane Hogarth gets when he gets his first dose of coffee-level caffeine.

First, I'm trying to nail down my interpretation of the characters. It's funny how Hogarth came to me immediately, but I'm having a lot more trouble with Dean. Still haven't nailed him, but I think I'm on the right track.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment